Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Easy Pork Chop Casserole

I was in the mood for mushrooms last night so I just looked up a recipe and tried it and I loved it.

INGREDIENTS
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 (10.75 ounce) can water
1 cup mushrooms, diced
4 pork chops
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Rice

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, combine the mushroom soup, onion soup mix, water and mushrooms.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the pork chops on each side. Transfer chops to a 9x9 inch baking dish, and cover with the mushroom soup mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until internal pork temperature reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

This recipe serves 4. Serve over rice to soak up all the sauce. Yum. I used a lot more mushrooms and it was great. I also just sliced up a pork tenderloin and used that instead of chops and it worked great.

1 comment:

  1. Yes this is yummy. My recipe calls for a dry brown gravy mix pkg and not the dry onion soup. I can cook it on the stove or in the oven. Always yummy

    ReplyDelete