Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Soft Breadsticks


Mandy gave me this recipe a while back and I use it all the time. You don't have to let the dough rise and they still turn out wonderful. They are very soft and full of flavor.
1 1/2 Cups warm water
1 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 - 4 Cups flour
1 stick butter (to be melted and put on the bread sticks)
Garlic seasoning
Parmesan cheese
Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Mix all the ingredients except the butter and roll into rectangle and cut out bread sticks with pizza cutter. Spray cookie sheet with Pam. Twist breadsticks and lay onto pan. Melt butter and brush ALL the butter onto the breadsticks. Sprinkle with garlic seasoning ( I use Johnny's Garlic seasoning found at Costco) and Parmesan cheese. You do not have to let them rise, although I usually let them if I have time, but either way they are tasty. Cook at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes.

1 comment: