4 cups chicken stock
2 cups cubed cooked ham
dash of rosemary
1 pound bacon, diced
1 onion, diced
1 1/2 clove garlic
3 green onions, diced
3 large potatoes, cubed
1/2 pound carrots, cubed
3/4 cup heavy cream
1. Pour stock into large pot set over medium heat, and bring to a simmer. Stir in the cubed ham and rosemary.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook diced bacon until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon, and add to pot. Drain half of the bacon grease, and return to medium heat. Stir in onions, garlic, and green onions; cook until tender, then add to pot.
3. Place cubed potatoes and carrots in pot; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Turn off heat, and add cream to pot.
Ham and Chicken Roll-Ups
2 cups cooked rice
6 slices ham
1 1/2 cups cooked chopped chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup, divided
3 T butter
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup minced celery
2 mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 t pepper
*1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
**French fried onions
1. Arrange rice on bottom of greased foil baking pan.
2. Saute onion, celery, and mushrooms in butter until soft.
3. Combine chicken, 1/3 cup soup, onion, celery, and mushrooms in a bowl.
4. Divide among the six slices of ham.
5. Roll up and place seam side down on top of rice.
6. Combine sour cream, milk, pepper, and remaining soup. Pour over roll-ups.
7. Cover with heavy freezer foil. Label and freeze.
8. To serve: Thaw. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350*. Top with *cheese and **French fried onions. Bake 10 minutes longer.