Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Taco Potatoes

I have to preface this entry with the fact that yes, I am from Idaho, and we know how to eat potatoes in a million ways, but the first time I had this I was in Arizona.

Ingredients:
Baked Potatoes
Browned hamburger with taco seasoning
Lettuce
Shredded Cheese
Salsa
Sour Cream
Tomatoes
(You get the idea- any taco toppings that you enjoy)

This is an easy way to make a baked potato a complete meal. To save time I bake my potatoes in the microwave. I cut them in half and put them on a plate and cover the entire plate with saran wrap. I poke a few holes in the top to let out steam and then microwave them for about 7 minutes. For taco meat, I buy my taco seasoning in bulk at Sams Club. I like the seasoning and it is a lot less expensive than the little packets. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment