Monday, April 20, 2009

Sweet and Sour Meatballs


I got this great recipe from Jana. I made this for supper yesterday and start to finish was less then 30 minutes. It hit the spot! I buy premade meatballs from Walmart and Costco, (the price is comparable to plain hamburger meat) making this a very easy dinner. I usually double the recipe and freeze half of it for another meal.


1 8 oz. can pineapple chunks (save juice)

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch

1/2 cup water

3 Tbsp vinegar

2 Tbsp soy sauce

1 1/2 tsp dry mustard

1/8 tsp cloves

1 beef bullion cube


Combine pineapple juice with the rest of the ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick. Add meatballs and pineapple if you want. Cover and simmer until ll ingredients are hot. Serve over rice.

3 comments:

  1. I got on to post this recipe, and saw you had! That is too funny. I'll come up with another one. Kayla and Lindsay didn't like this at first, but they like it now. My family all eats this one, so it's a keeper for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sweet and sour meatballs are even easier. Mix Chili sauce and grape Jelly...heating it so the Jelly melts. Then add the premade meatballs. Heat until meatballs are warm. Works great for crockpot as an appetizer but we serve it with sauce over rice.

    ReplyDelete