Saturday, March 28, 2009

Honey Barbequed Ribs

Before I post a recipe I wanted to share something I do to make dinner easier for me. So often we get in a rut always making the same things. Why? Because when I am tired or "Mommied Out" for the day I think of the easiest thing to make because my brain just doesn't go deep into my memory well.

So sometime in the last year I created a dinner idea list. It is 3 pages long and divided into categories such as Chicken: raw or cooked or need to marinate. Something in the raw category starts with raw chicken while a cooked chicken recipe starts with precooked chicken. Beef and pork have similar categories. I also have a Pasta category, Mexican, and side dishes which is subdivided into beans, rice, potato, etc.

I went through all my fave recipes and cookbooks and files and listed them in the appropriate category. Now when I cannot think of what to make I go to the list and search for ideas rather than flipping through a cookbook or file. I also use the list when making my grocery list. It helps me. Now to a great recipe from the list. This is a pork one. Sorry I do not have a pic.

Honey Barbequed Ribs

3 lbs boneless pork ribs (I have used bone in as well)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
2 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Tbl liquid smoke

Place pork ribs in bottom of slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 3 hours. Drain and discard liquid. Reduce heat to Low. In a bowl, combine garlic salt, pepper, ketchup, brown sugar, honey, spicy brown mustard, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke. Mix well. Pour over ribs in slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 3 hours. Remove from slow cooker and allow to cool. Place in freezer bag. Label and freeze. To serve: Thaw. Heat until hot throughout.

Just a note, This is usually fall apart pork so I tend to pull it and use it for sandwiches or over potatoes. It is so yummy! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That was soooo good. I made this recipe tonight and it was great! Thanks so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete