Thursday, May 21, 2009

Best Chocolate Brownies EVER

I got this recipe from a friend named Dorothy who went to church with me in Salt Lake City. She brought this desert to women's function and as soon as I took a bite I knew I had to have the recipe. She gave me the recipe and explained that she got it from her mother who clipped it out of a newspaper back in the 50's. It had been a family favorite ever since. When I first got the recipe I made them all the time and started buying the coco in bulk from a restaurant supply company, it was so much cheaper. I have held off making them so much because I have a hard time resisting. The frosting adds so much to it, I usually don't like frosted brownies, but in these it is a must.






















1 1/2 Cups melted butter
3 Cups Sugar
3 tsp vanilla
6 eggs



stir well



1 1/2 cups flour
1 Cup baking coco
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt



mix together and pour into a large cookie sheet , the kind with the edges, or what I call a jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Cool and then frost:

12 Tbsp butter
3/4 Cups coco
1/4 C karo syrup
2 tsp vanilla
4 Cups powdered sugar
4-8 Tbsp milk

No comments:

Post a Comment